PDF SDK ActiveX
- Instantly add PDF display to Windows apps
- Fast time to market
- Visual programming components
Powerful, easy-to-use PDF SDK
Small, fast, high-quality, full-featured PDF SDK
Evaluate Foxit’s powerful PDF SDK ActiveX and learn why leading application developers and device manufacturers trust Foxit technology in their products due to Foxit’s blazing speed, high quality, small footprint, ease of use, and the support of the industry’s largest PDF development team.
If you want to evaluate the Standard or Professional version, please fill in the trial download forms to get the packages. Please note that an evaluation mark will be shown on each PDF page that is displayed.
Fast PDF rendering speed and accurate rendering quality
- Less waiting time to read PDF documents.
- View PDF documents the way they were intended to be viewed: crisp, clear, and easy to read.
Fully native 64-bit support
- Ensure faster, high-performance computing (HPC) that is more suited to a 64-bit architecture, as is found in many of large organizations.
- Still 32-bit compatible.
Extensive PDF printing features and properties
- Manually adjust PDF printing options through a dialog window, or preset these options and perform a silent print.
PDF form element control
- Add, delete, and set the properties of PDF form elements. Build your own PDF forms and distribute them to target recipients.
PDF annotation object control
- Add, delete, and set the properties of annotation objects of PDF documents. Build your own annotation tools.
Compatible with many programming languages
- Conforms to the COM standard and can be easily used in C/C++, Visual Basic, .Net, Delphi, and other development tools that support COM components.
- Supports Western, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (CJK) languages.
- Supports global end users in 34 native desktop languages. Easily change the UI language by calling one function when the corresponding XML language file is placed in the same file path as Foxit PDF ActiveX SDK.
One-stop shopping for a complete PDF solution
- No additional software required.
Professional customer support
- Quick and accurate response provided by professional and experienced engineers.
- Enable digital signatures in PDF documents using third-party digital certificates located in the Windows system certificate store.
- Supports digital signature verification (which authenticates the source and verifies the integrity of content of digitally signed PDF documents), signature timestamp, signature print control, and more.
- Run multiple instances of ActiveX on a single system at the same time, so that applications can provide simultaneous views of multiple pages or display pages from multiple PDF documents at the same time.
- Convert images to PDF or export PDF to images in popular image file formats such as JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and JPX.
PDF page organization
- Incorporate the following capabilities into your applications:
- Insert a blank page to a current PDF
- Insert pages in a PDF document from another PDF document
- Delete pages in a PDF
- Rotate a page
- Swap two pages in a PDF
- Flatten a page
- Crop a page
- Export pages to create a new PDF
- Simultaneously read and download PDF documents. For example, the first page of a large document can be displayed while the rest of the PDF is still being downloaded.
The Standard Package contains the mandatory base functionality of the Foxit PDF SDK ActiveX. It provides a complete PDF solution for developers to add view, search, and extract text functionality to their applications and devices. Highlights of the Standard Package are:
- Industry’s best PDF rendering
- PDF viewing including zoom in/out and set background color
- PDF page navigation
- Programmatic access to bookmark information
- Progressive display
- Search, extract, and select PDF text
- Open and save PDF
- PDF printing including print as image, add watermark for printing, and silent printing, etc.
- Multi-instance support
- Asynchronous processing
- Modify the context menu of page thumbnail panel
- Customize viewer including show TitleBar/ToolBar/ToolbarButton/StatusBar/ToolTip/NavigationPanel, etc.
- Support Chinese/Japanese/Korean (CJK) languages
- Support multi-language UI
The Professional Package adds annotation support, forms support, watermarks additions, converting PDF to text, and hyperlink operations. Highlights of the Professional Package are:
- Importing/ exporting annotations
- Printing pop-up annotations
- Filling form fields ( user interface only)
- Programming interface available as form module
- Importing/exporting form data
- Search form data
- Highlight all matched search text
- FTP uploading
- Hyperlink and watermark Support
- Adding images to PDF
- PDF page organization, such as inserting a blank page, exporting pages, etc.
- Converting PDF to text and bitmaps
- Password encryption
- Permission controls
- Set save in a PDF
- Bookmark editing and modifying the context menu of bookmark in bookmark panel
Powerful add-on modules
Customers can add the following add-on modules to the Professional Package:
- PDF Form Add-on Module
- Annotation Add-on Module
The Annotation Add-on Module provides developers programmatic access to the annotations, so the program can have access and react to users annotations. It also includes advanced annotation operations on PDF documents, such as editing, creating, and removing annotations, and the formatting of text annotations.
- Digital Signature Add-on Module
The digital signature Add-on Module allows developers to enable their applications to digitally sign PDF documents using third-party digital certificates located in the Windows system certificate store. It also supports digital signature verification (which authenticates the source and verifies the integrity of content of digitally signed PDF documents), signature timestamp, signature print control, and more.
- Please read through the User Manual for instructions.
- Download a trial version of either the Professional or Standard version.