PhantomPDFTM Plug-in SDK
- Extend Foxit Reader and PhantomPDFTM
- Create menu items and toolbar buttons
- Create custom actions
- Manipulate PDF documents
Extend and Customize Foxit PhantomPDFTM and Reader
The PhantomPDFTM Plug-in SDK allows developers to provide new menu items and toolbar buttons to the existing interface without modifying the PhantomPDFTM or Reader products. Developers can also create custom actions for their choice of user interface commands. In addition, they can manipulate PDF documents – for example, open a PDF in an external dialog, dynamically add or remove pages from an existing PDF, edit the elements in a PDF, or set up security policies to control user permissions for PDF documents. Since PDF is an extensible format, the Plug-in SDK enables users to add custom data to the PDF file to support their specific workflows and business needs. For example, data on who has viewed the document, help information to fill out specific fields in a form, engineering costs, or other data not defined in the PDF specification can be added. Based on Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDFTM, C++ developers can develop plug-ins as requested, enable it by adding a corresponding certificate which contains permission information, and place it in the designed folder to make it load correctly. Share the resource of Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF via its Core API and let the plug-in dynamically link to the Reader or PhantomPDF without modification to either application, making customization easy.
- Custom UI Module – Customize the UI elements for Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF products, such as adding Menu/Menu items/Toolbar/Navigation Panel for the developed PDF tool.
- Rendering Module – Render PDF documents and obtain basic PDF information.
- Security Module – Integrate security solution to Foxit Reader/PhantomPDFTM, including customizing PDF encryption/decryption solution, integrating Foxit DRM solution, RMS system and so on.
- Extracting Module – Get the content, including text and image, from PDF documents for the specific use, such as translation, reading out.
- Annotation Module – Process annotation objects and data, such as adding watermark when printing in the customer’s solution.
- Form Module – Process the interactive form objects and data. For example, enterprise can develop the form solution for their daily work.
- Editing Module – Add the custom PDF editing features, including PDF document editing and PDF page content editing, to Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF.
- RMS Plug-in SDK – Extends Microsoft RMS features to the Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF product for protecting PDF Documents.
- Platform: Windows
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Complier: Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 or later
Easy to customize Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDFTM
- Customize Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDFTM easily by developing plug-in without modifying the host application.
PDF Security Settings
- Protect any PDF documents using standard encryption technologies
- Integrate PDF security handler and Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDFTM with any DRM.
- Customize UI by adding new menu items or toolbars.
- Set custom actions for the new UI element.
- Add editing features, including document editing, page content editing, and document properties editing.
- Supports progressive rendering.
- Significantly reduces the response time from the user interface events.
- Get text and image information from PDF files for non-standard uses.
- Flexible licensing options help plug-in developers get their products to users in a variety of ways.
Read Out Loud Plug-in
Enable Foxit Reader read PDF document Read Out Loud Plug-in enables the Foxit Reader provide voice to read the PDF documents to you. This feature is especially valuable when you’re on the go and you cannot read from a screen. It uses the available voices installed on your system. If you have Speech Application Programming Interface 5 (SAPI 5) installed for text-to-speech, you can choose to have Foxit Reader read your PDF documents to you. In addition to normal text content, Read Out Loud can also read comments, image descriptions, and fillable fields.
Facebook Plug-in for Foxit Reader
Easy way to share PDF to Facebook® and Twitter®
Facebook plug-in helps you share text or image of PDF document to Facebook® and Twitter®. With the plug-in, Foxit Reader users can login to their account, select text or image from a PDF document, and share it as Facebook or Twitter status. Users can also take a snapshot of a region of a document and share it as a picture on Facebook or Twitter. Also, users can share the current document, or select a document from Windows Explorer®, and share the document using Foxit’s OnDemand CM file sharing capability as a link from their Facebook and Twitter accounts. Note: The Read Out Loud and Facebook plug-ins have been released in Foxit Reader 5.1 and later. Please download Foxit Reader and try them.